Monday, April 30, 2012

The Good, The Bad & The Bump(y) - 17 weeks

Baby Bump - 17 weeks


The Good
  • Having working internet again.
  • Finally being able to bake again without wanting to throw up.
  • Corey working his last night shift last night.
  • Gold Class movie dates with Corey.
  • My fun new maternity exercise class that I started this week.
  • New cloths and new hair making me feel refreshed.
  • My nice new heat pack which helps to ease my back pain slightly.

The Bad
  • Missing last weeks bump post due to broken internet.
  • Not being able to buy cute clothes for Squishy because we don't know the gender yet.
  • Grocery shopping with cravings. I spend way too much money!!!
  • Back pain. It is killing me. Especially when I get it in the middle of the night and it wakes me up.

The Bump

Baby Bump - 17 weeks

And here is little Squishy at 17 weeks. The bump doesn't look as big as I feel which I always find funny when I take these pics.  I always feel huge then I see these pics and think I'm not really that big. It's a vicious cycle that I go through each week.  But, I am learning to accept my new body and stop obsessing over every kilo and just embrace this time in my life. I found it hard at first because I was so used to eating perfectly and going to the gym consistently with Corey and keeping track of my weight every week.  It has taken me a while to realise that I need to put on weight in order to have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby but I think I am starting to get there.  I think one thing I still need to accept is that every pregnant women is different and I need to stop comparing myself to every other pregnant lady I know and see.  Getting my hair dyed and cut on the weekend definitely helped me feel a little bit better about myself. Now I just need to hold onto this feeling for the next 5 months!

2 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous Kat - back pain is the worst isn't it? Hope you feel better. Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you hate it when the internet isn't working? I always feel like I've lost some vitally important part of me. That sucks that you've had such bad back pain.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx