Friday, April 13, 2012

Squishy's Booties

Last weekend I sat down and knocked out some booties for Squishy while Corey  was watching the footy.  These are so super quick to make.  You can make a pair from start to finish in under an hour.

Squishy's Booties

Pattern: Chausson Mignons
Yarn: Moda Vera Marvel 8 ply
Needles: 5mm
Time Taken: under 1hr per pair.

Squishy's Booties

I read the notes from a few people in Ravelry about this pattern and a lot said they were small.  Obviously not having a child before I was unsure whether they would be too small or not.  I decided to make a few pairs in the original size just in case we have a small baby.  I am also going to make a few more pairs in a bigger size using the mods available on Ravelry.  They are quite stretchy so even if the small ones don't last long they will probably be ok to take to the hospital.  Now that I have started making things for Squishy I have a massive list of what I want to do.  The motivation is finally kicking back in!!!

7 comments:

  1. YAY!!! They are super cute. Do you or Corey have big or small feet? Usually babies feet are similar to their parents...both of my bubs never fitted the newborn socks at all! Of course, if one of you has tiny feet and the other has huge feet then who knows!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours! So not the baby norm :)
    I'd love to learn how to knit, but I think it would be dangerous for me to learn. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, those are just too adorable!!! And I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, they are so cute. How easy do they look to make.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute, it's so exciting to start making baby goodies!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx