Saturday, April 28, 2012

Squishy's First Blanket

I have been wanting to make some things for Squishy but am finding it hard since we don't know Squishy's gender yet.  I thought to stay safe for the next 3 weeks while we wait to find out that I would stick to making toys and homewares type stuff that I could make unisex.

Squishy's First Blanket

First up I decided to crochet a quick blanket for the stroller.  The stroller we bought is red so being anal about colour coordination I had to have something that would match.  I chose red, teal and blue because I thought it could be unisex.  Also, it goes perfectly with the red stroller.

Squishy's First Blanket

I decided on a simple granny square blanket.  I used a 5mm (H) hook and 8 ply yarn.  I made a bunch of squares then lined them up inside the stroller and decided that 5 squares by 4 squares would be the perfect size.  I love granny squares because once you have made them a couple of times they are so quick and you can make them while watching tv.  I have so much more that I want to make for Squishy and am having loads of fun crossing things off the list.  I just can't wait until we find out the gender so I can knit up some cute jumpers and sew some cute clothes.

8 comments:

  1. This is too adorbs! Such a vibrant colour combo :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute Kat! Where's the new hair? Photos asap! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the colours! it looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is absolutely beautiful! Good on you for making gender neutral stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nearly roosters colours

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very very beautiful. I adore the colours you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, gracious! That blanket is DIVINE! What a perfect job, Kat. If I saw someone out with a baby blanket like that I'd have to rush over for a closer look, immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colours look great - preparing and decorating is so much fun when you know the gender. We didn't find out with Amelia but did the second time around.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thank you for your comment. I love responding to all comments and do so via email. If you email is not visible in your blogger profile please make sure you leave it in your comment. Kat xx